Friday, April 15, 2005

A day at the beach..

Sunset at Englewood Beach.

Toes in the sand, cold drink in hand,
soaking up the rays, it's a drop dead gorgeous day!


Sea breeze in my hair I love the salty air,
blowing through palm trees seagulls floating on the breeze.
A perfect day at the beach!

We spent about 4 hours at the beach today at Stump Pass State Park. Took a walk through nature trail through mangroves and palms. Saw some damage from hurricane Charley last year. Spotted an eagle sitting in a dead tree not far away. The closest I've ever been to an eagle. Very cool. Yes, I got a picture, but didn't have my telephoto lens (drats!) At the end of the peninsula we saw dolphins playing in the channel that leads out to the gulf. We walked back along the beach in the surf. We caught the sunset, though there was a fierce wind off the ocean tonight. We just about got sandblasted. What a perfect day! Photos are coming. There was a problem with the site I use to host my photos and it's down for maintenance. But I'll be able to add them later today. Have a wonderful day!

2 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning from Kay -
Of course, the sunset revived my Florida sunset memories. The wolf photo is absolutely mesmerizing; you must be so proud of this photographic accomplishment. Can't believe he was only 6 months.
Happy beach walking and sunny days!
Love, Kay

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

shari!!!!! your pics are beautiful, as usual!! glad to hear you're having fun, but sounds like TOO much drinking is going on!! is that supposed to happen on vacations?!!! hehehe. just kidding-only jealous up here in indy!!! hope you keep having fun the rest of your trip!! kim g.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home